Historical Images

Here are some images of our cars throughout history. Click on any image for a larger version. Choose different cars from the drop-down list to see a particular car's historical photos.



When compared to other photos of # 163 it shows the differences that were made these cars were modernized by the York Railways.



A few months before the abandonment of service on February 4, 1939.




A tractor trailer carried the car to the museum.




As built in 1904, car #249 had open platforms and was actually constructed as a trailer car, having no electric traction motors or controls.



The company’s initials and a clock dominate the header wall of the carbarn.




Before the car was brought back to the United States #249 was stored in a carbarn in Oporto.



Oporto #249 was shipped in a very large box from Oporto to Philadelphia and the car was then transported to the museum aboard a trailer.

Pages