1997 In Review

Open trolley 1875 entered the shop in February, 1997.

We planted Carbarn Two overhead poles and built an 18x200' warehouse addition to the carbarn.

Dedicated member Moe Byers passed away.

Valley Railways car 12 was placed on modified shop trucks for the first time in 74 years.

Concrete ramps were built at Museum Store and Members' Building.

One truck from Philadelphia PCC 2743 was regauged.

We de-accessed cars 1430 and Red Arrow 13 from the collection to National Capital Trolley Museum in Wheaton, MD, and an individual in Charlotte, NC.

The Carbarn Two parts addition concrete floor was poured, and the Meadow St. platform was rebuilt in concrete and lights were added.

Month Year: 
December, 1997